My Lucky Fin friends are always wearing T-shirts captioned, "I have a limb difference. What's your superpower?" and that's the truth! Superhero arms are my new favorite.
On my birthday I got to reunite with Coach Kyle whom I coached alongside this summer at NubAbility. My high school soccer team played the girls team at the school he coaches for. I scored too! It was so great to get to see him again!
Recently, I have begun discerning types of careers which I could pursue that involve working with the limb different community. I feel incorporating my passions into my job would offer me the most meaningful and fulfilling career. So far, I have explored options in the sports adaptive community such as Paralympics and Nike, as well as the prosthetic device industry, such as Coapt and Hanger. The future is bright, and I am so thankful to know all of these amazing people who are helping me along the way!
My third Lucky Fin Project Weekend just came to an end! For anyone who doesn’t know, my first Lucky Fin Weekend in 2017 is what changed my life and prompted me to want to do as much as I can for the limb different community. I’ve met so many amazing people and developed so many relationships I never thought I’d have! It’s the most meaningful experience to have friendships with other limb different people because we all have so much in common! This year I got to meet my new best friend Lily! Lily and I have been friends on the internet for over a year now, so it was such a joy to get to meet her in person. Though we live so far away, we’ve planned some trips to take together in the near future. Lucky Fin Project Weekend 2019 was a blast! We had attendees from 23 states and 4 countries, totaling to a near 700 people. Thank you to everyone who bought Lucky Fin shirts in 2017-2018! You guys rock!
Comments
Post a Comment