Lucky Fin Project Weekend Recap

Just one year ago I attended my first Lucky Fin Project Weekend. This event is an opportunity for families who have someone with a hand or upper limb difference to get together to share, network, and celebrate with others like them.
To be honest, my family had only discovered the Lucky Fin Project organization about a month before their annual Weekend last year. We were really unsure of what to expect, but the experience ended up changing our lives. It was so incredible to meet so many awesome people from all different places who do the most awesome things. So much has happened since then! I owe everything I do to this event.
This year was no different. Around 500 people attended the Weekend this year, which holds the record for the highest attendance yet! As I mentioned in my post “Me too,” it’s the most amazing feeling to know you’re not alone and there are people in the world just like yourself.
It also made me so proud to know my class raised $5,000 for Lucky Fin this year! We sold over 500 Lucky Fin Project inspired T-shirts and countless loaded tater tot boats. I’m so thankful. There are endless possibilities as to what the money can be used for.
I met so many beautiful souls this year, and I was touched by all of them. All of the conversations regarding our experiences as amputees, the laughs, and the tears made the weekend unforgettable. I can’t put into words what this weekend means to me or the other attendants, but I do have pictures!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lucky Fin Project Weekend 2019

Exploring Career Paths

Microsoft Super Bowl Advertisement